Humber Street Gallery is a starting point for discussion for everyone. It exhibits the most forward thinking contemporary art here in Hull. Through learning and participation projects we will connect communities to art and artists and continue to debate the role of art.
We work with schools and colleges to rethink their teaching. We engage with young people to connect them to different ways to have a voice and take action. We participate with communities to shape a programme that brings them together.
INTRODUCTION TO THE GALLERY
Subject to availability we are able to offer you a 15-minute introduction to the Gallery. All groups are welcome to plan a self-guided visit and explore the gallery at their own pace. If you would like an introduction, please download our booking form (.pdf) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check the opening and closing times and current exhibition dates.
- Download, complete and return a Group Visit Booking Form (.pdf).
- Download our Risk Assessment Guidance (.pdf). This document is for guidance only.
- We recommend that group leaders make a preliminary visit to the Gallery to check that the content of the exhibition is appropriate for their group and to make their own risk assessment.
- Adult supervision of children and young people is required at all times. If your group is larger than 20 people, please split into smaller groups while in the exhibition spaces. Please ensure that you adhere to the student teacher ratio below:
– 1:5 for students under 5 years old
– 1:10 for students under 11 years old
– 1:15 for students aged 11-16 years old
– 1:20 for students aged 16-18 years old
IN THE GALLERY
- If you have booked a gallery introduction please report to a gallery assistant.
- Please use the galleries to sketch and form conversation with your group.
- ARTICULATE bookmarks have been created to help groups engage with the work on display. These can be picked up in the gallery.
- Please ensure that your group understands they are not allowed to touch the art, unless otherwise noted, and that they do not run in the exhibition spaces.
- Photography is permitted without flash, unless otherwise stated.
- Please note that food and beverages are not permitted in the galleries.
- Please be aware that other group visits or programmes may be taking place during your visit. Please be considerate of other visitors and keep noise to a minimum.
- Humber Street Gallery does not have locker facilities.
If you have any queries regarding your visit, please do not hesitate to get in touch.